Monday, January 11, 2010

Big Change in 2010

In November we decided to pray and seek out a roommate.
In December we met with a potential candidate. It went really well. We spent the next month praying about what to do. When we came back to tell each other what decisions we had made, or should I say God's decision, it was unanimous, we would have a roommate!!

We have spent the last few weeks preparing for Melissa's arrival. We've been clearing out the playroom/guest room and the bathroom. We have moved Gracie's bathroom stuff into our bathroom and we now share a bathroom. Grace says it's her bathroom and that she's chosen to share her bathroom with us. We have gotten rid of a ton of Gracie's toys and a bunch of our stuff as well to make room. What could have been a sad situation turned into an eye opening experience. We realized how little we need and how much we have. We don't need much, so being "forced" to get rid of stuff was a good thing for us. We've emptied out kitchen cabinets for her and we have a free fridge coming that will stay in our garage for her to use as well. We were even given a free huge TV that she'll be able to put in her room. All has been coming together so beautifully. I've been organizing like mad and it's been super fun. And Grace has been the most gracious of all. Her little world has changed so drastically but she has been so calm and understanding. She humbles me daily.

I know this is going to be a huge adjustment for our family and for Melissa but we know that we are in line with God's will because He is in full control no matter what we do or don't do or what decisions we make-nothing happens with out His ok! This makes us feel that much more at ease with all of this.

The biggest blessing in all of this is that we are going to be able to save the extra money we will be making from having a roommate to finally be able to go back to FL in 2011. I have not been home since 2007-WAY TOO LONG. I miss Florida, I miss my family there and I can not wait to let Grace experience Disney. But..Shhhhhh....we are not going to tell her about this for at least another year as it's too far away and her perception of time is not like adults and it will ultimately frustrate and confuse her. Thinking about taking her there brings me more joy than I can express in words. Ack-we can't wait, but wait we must.

Please keep us in your prayers as we make this life and living adjustment.

No comments: