Loren and I went on a Scooter Poker run on Sunday, April 19th.
It was free and our amazing babysitter, Margaret, was available so we though "why not??"
It was the funniest thing I have ever seen. We were like a band of geeky scooter riders, going from place to place collecting playing cards along the way. We did not know what cards we had until we got to our final destination. There, the owner of the scooter shop (who put the poker run together), purchased a ton of food for everyone. Loren and I were shocked. We could not believe everything was free. While eating we were all told to open our cards. Guess what??? I won!!! I had 4 Aces. Loren and I won brunch for 2 at a nice restaurant on the water front in Tacoma. And, we received 4 tickets to play put put golf for free too. What a huge blessing. God seems to always bless us in way like this, knowing that we don't have the funds to do these types of things very often (going out to eat and such). I am so grateful.
It was so nice to be able to spend an entire afternoon with just Loren. We do not get to go away together just the two of us very often. Sure, I was in crazy amounts of pain almost the entire time I was on the scooter (his scooter is not meant for two), but to know that this was something Loren really wanted to do with me and that it was making him happy made all the pain worth while. I had a great time and any time spent with Loren is always a joy.
And, to top it off, the weather could not have been more perfect and the scenery was impeccable.
Oh glorious day.
4 comments:
It is great to have some alone time with our hubbies! Anton and I don't get much of that, either, and we are always so THANKFUL when we do!
Glad you enjoyed your day!
Thanks D'Anna.
oooo weeee! Congrats Biker Girl!
LOL
Thanks.
Post a Comment