Friday, April 24, 2009

What I've Learnt Since Being a Mommy (Written early 2008)

Nothing will ever be the same again...in a good way

There is such thing as a spririted child and boy oh boy do I love mine

You can be friends with somone you've never even met and they can be a life savor when things get stressful and have the most incredible advice (thank you March/April 2006 Moms)

Baby Whisperer is the best mom's site.

Start as you mean to go on.

Respect is KEY with parenting!

You should lead from example and when they ask "Why" no matter how annoying it may be, answer them. This is how they learn from day to day especially with repetitive things.

All children are different. Sleep differently, eat differently, love differently, act differently and should NEVER be compared

I have the most amazing husband. He helps with EVERYTHING. He cleans, changes diapers, sings songs, plays silly games, teaches manners, brushes her hair and teeth, prays with her, loves her, does anything and everything. I love you Loren!!!

Parenting is a team effort. I don't know what I would do with out Loren. I fully respect single parents. It's the hardest job in the world- being a parent and the only one you don't get paid for...although the benefits are so much more rewarding than pay

I will ALWAYS need to rely on God and I don't have all the answers

Gracie has taught me to pray more. She reminds me daily to pray..."pray Mommy" Oh how God can use children.

As hard as it can be at times, being a parent is the most rewarding, challenging, encouraging thing I could have ever done

You can't explain the love you have for a child

No matter how tempting it may be to get super angry and yell/ spank, the best thing to do is 1. breathe, 2. reevaluate and 3. never react, ACT (wisely)....purposful discipline is best. Do what is best for your specific child and always discipline out of love!

Never ever, ever, ever react out of anger.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I wholeheartedly agree with each one! You've put this into words perfectly!

Melissa said...

Thanks Erin.