The past 4 days Grace has not napped.
This has never happened before.
If she ever misses a nap it's usually once every other week or something like that.
Poor things been in bed every night at 6:30pm due to utter exhaustion from not getting her ever so needed nap.
This all started when she began asking questions about death, heaven, the "tomb," Pilot, Earth vs. Puyallup vs. Washington, etc. All questions much older kids ask, not three year olds. She has been asking some major theological questions and her brain is just spinning. Loren and I are trying our best to figure out ways to answer these things to her in the simplest way so that she, as a just turned 3 year old, can understand. It's hard enough to explain these things to adults.
I think this is contributing highly to her no naps.
Thinking too much when she should be napping.
Sounds a lot like her mama.
I hope she's able to start napping again soon as I'm not fond of a 6:30 bedtime. 7:30 bedtime, asleep by 8pm, is way more fun, especially now that it's sunny out after dinner and we like taking family walks at the end of the day.
Oh please keep napping dear Grace.
However, even if she doesn't nap Loren and I agree that all kids need a nap or some form of quiet time until they start kindergarten and she has 2.5 years to go. So every day, whether or not she naps, she'll have a good 1-1.5 hours of quiet time in her room. We ALL need a daily break.
But, please nap ;)
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Don't even get me started on the city/province/country/continent discussion!! I'm exhausted. I don't know how else to explain this to AJ !!!
Sounds like Grace has a lot on her mind.
What about some 'relaxation' breathing/exercises before nap? Do you think that would work. Works for me when I'm going crazy with things on my mind.
I think naps are officially gone for good.
It was just a coincidence that it happened at the same time as all the questions. Oh well. At least there is quiet time.
I do like the breathing exercise idea.
Post a Comment