We love Awana! Two more weeks and then we start going through withdrawals as Awana will take a break for about 5 months. Loren and I have enjoyed having the hour and a half free every Wednesday to go run errands or go on a date, etc. And, we have really loved how much Grace has grown in her faith over the last 6 months. Every week she memorized a verse from the bible, sang fun silly songs, did a craft and learned about Jesus.
What is Awana?
Last week at Awana, they held their annual Egg Drop Night. Every kid had to design a way to secure an egg so that when it was thrown off the roof of the church it did not break when it landed on the hard gravel below. The kids had a blast. Lots of screaming and yelling and laughter. Our egg made it! It was wrapped in 3 boxes and lots of bubble wrap. Daddy's special design.
This night brought back good memories for me as we had an Egg Drop day when I was in Jr. High many years ago. To this day I can not remember what my design was or if it made it but I know I had a good time.
Thank you Awana for providing many wonderful memories for our family. We look forward to being apart in the future.
And, in 8 days Grace will graduate. We are so proud of you Grace.
No comments:
Post a Comment