Thursday, April 15, 2010

Good Bye Barnes and Noble, Hello Starbucks



***Yes, I know I am way behind. I still have not updated the blog with the rest of my mom's visit. I have been trying but all of the photos seem to disappear when I go to load them onto the blog. A mystery I hope to soon solve.

While I wait, we have big news.
Today is Loren's last day at Barnes and Noble.
He has a 3 day weekend and then will start at Starbucks on Monday.
It's an adventure a few months in the making.

We kept the search secret in case it wasn't a road God wanted us to go down.
Loren is happy at Barnes and Noble but there really isn't any where for him to progress with in the company. He's been offered bigger stores that would prove more of a challenge but with traffic they are at least a 1.5 hour drive each way and he is not fond of spending 3 hours driving every day. So, he started the search. Starbucks was one of the places he applied to and after many interviews got hired. We prayed a lot, sought outside advice and together have chosen that this is a wonderful opportunity for our family now and down the road. He will start out as an Assistant Manager while he goes through a 12 module training course and then in 6 months or so will be given his own store.

We appreciate your prayers though this transition. The biggest hardship is child care. Previously, we had schedules that complimented each other-while one of us worked the other one was at home. Now his schedule is ever changing and not able to get worked around my schedule. We will be relying on friends for help, which is hard. Please pray for favor. Thank you for your prayers.

We are so proud of him. He has worked so hard and deserves this wonderful change. As he goes through the training this summer we will keep you updated.

1 comment:

M said...

So excited for you guys. <3 You'll make it all work one way or another as if it's meant to be it will be. <3 Loved seeing you yesterday. xoxo