
Well, today one of the potty training video's showed up that I ordered off of Amazon.
Gracie and I watched it and she really like the video...it was one big music video about Potty Training. Afterwards I asked her if she wanted to go get a potty like in the video and she said "yes." We have two toilet seat covers that hook on to our toilets but I thought she might be more into going potty if she actually had a seat of her own. We ran to Toys R Us and she picked one out. The one she picked out is really cute. It even has a place for a roll of toilet paper so that she can have her own special roll.
When we got home she couldn't wait to sit on it and try it out. I was in shock because we have had a potty for her to sit on since she was nine months old and she never was really into it. I guess it just goes to show you can't force potty training onto a kid, they have to be ready and want to do it!
Well she kept sitting on it, running around, sitting on it, etc. I was trying to get dinner started and left for 30 seconds and when I came back she told me she peed on the floor...Oops. But that's ok. That's how we learn. I told her it was ok and thanked her for telling me. I asked her where pee pee goes and she told me "on the potty mommy". We cheered since that was the correct answer and she was back to sitting on the potty and playing with it. I am just so thankful that she is curious about it now.
My friend is coming over on Monday night and we are going to make potty charts for stickers to go on. We'll see if that works for Grace. As with anything, not all rewards work for all kiddos. Then we are going to just encourage potty training. She is also my baby sitter on Wednesdays and Thursdays so she'll be helping Grace along as well as her two year old. So excited. Please pray for potty training success and that Gracie does things in her own time and doesn't feel pressured by us in any way!
No comments:
Post a Comment