Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Toddler Worship



Through the mom's group I am apart of I started up something called Toddler Worship.
It's for toddlers ages 1-3 and is somewhat like Sunday School.
We pray, sing, then there is a short message, some craft time that goes along with the message, but mostly it's about fellowshiping and learning as a group how to teach our precious little ones about the love of Jesus and how we can make that apart of our every day lives. Our first one was about how "God created the World." Grace helped me pull out all of her favorite stuffed animals to show what animals God created. Grace was so proud and set them up so beautifully in front of the TV. She such a good little host :)
We painted animal sun catchers and colored. We sang the "itsy bitsy spider," and "twinkle twinkle little star," etc.
I can't wait until next week.

6 comments:

Mockabee Seven said...

What a great idea, Melissa. You are so hospitable. I wish we could attend! :-) Looked very fun...

Mockabee Seven said...

weird, I just called you Melissa, I don't know if I have ever called you by your full name! lol

Melissa said...

Jodi, you crack me up.

I wish you could attend too.
It's fun and crazy.
It's really neat to be able to teach wee little ones about God. Very humbling. I hate that a lot of us don't live closer. What a wonderful time we'd all have.

Tara said...

For a moment, I thought you had formed a group that worshipped toddlers. Then I realized I was already a part of that group! :D

That's such a great idea!

AJ and Dexter's Mom said...

This a great idea, Mel. Fun and educational!!!

Melissa said...

Thanks ladies.
The learning part is only about 5 minutes and they just play LOL...too many toys at a new persons house...but the mom's get some great ideas on how and what to talk to their kids about through the week
It is fun.
We love it.