Friday, March 6, 2009

Gracies 1st Hair Cut





Today, March 6th 2009, Grace got her first hair cut.
3:30pm
She did great.
We had our hairdresser cut off about 1 inch, just to get the dead ends off.
She sat still for the first 2 minutes and then wiggled a bit the last minute which I think is pretty darn good for a 2 year old.
I was so proud of her. I kept a small piece of her hair. I actually remember my brother getting his first hair cut at home and my mom and dad keeping a lock of it. So special. I thought I might be a bit teary eyed, saying goodbye to her first sprouts of hair, but I was just excited for her. I took some pictures and a short video for Loren since he was at work when we were getting our hair cut. Way to go Gracie.

We had a great afternoon together just Gracie and I
-Mother/Daughter hair cuts
-Target Trip
-Special Dinner together ($3 Target dinner...fancy, fancy)
-Dress Up/Princess Music Dancing time at home
and then the normal
-Bath
-Story Time
-Snuggle Time
-Goodnight Gracie!

3 comments:

AJ and Dexter's Mom said...

I will assume she got this hair cut so she'd be looking her best for AJ's party, right???

Melissa said...

Well, that's the way we timed it!!!!

Mockabee Seven said...

Oh my goodness, her hair was sooooo long! What a cutie.