Gracie takes Parent/Child Swimming lessons at the YMCA two times a week.
Loren takes her as I am allergic to the saline they use in the pools. Sadness.
She was fearful at first but is getting more and more use the water: kicking, doing her cool paddle fish moves, 'walking' the wall, and she's even starting to get comfortable laying on her back in the water.
She still has no idea how to swim, but that will come in time.
Their classes are geared more towards learning to love the water at this age vs. the "throw your kid in the water and hope for the best" kind of class. That would surly traumatize her. Works for some kiddos but I do not know if she or I could handle it ;)
After this next round of lessons she will be old enough to take the lessons by herself.
There is one teacher and 5 or 6 kids. Kind of makes me nervous but I know she will be fine and will get use to the class in time. It's thrilling to see her loving the water, especially since I am and always have been a water lover. I have great memories of swimming in the pool and ocean as a kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment