Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Birthday AJ






Loren, Grace and I, on March 8th, went to Abbotsford, BC to celebrate AJ's birthday.
HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY AJ.

It was Gracie's first time crossing the border and her first time ever driving that far at one time (3ish hours). She did great. Thank goodness for portable DVD players.

We got enhanced drivers licenses a few months back so that we could go visit our friends Sonja, Richard, AJ and Dexter, whom I met through an online Mom's group about 3 years ago when Grace was born and we've talked almost ever day since. She has been an incredible friend over the last few years and I am so thankful that we finally got the chance to go visit.
This was our fourth time meeting up. They came to Gracies birthday party last year (Thanks Sonja) and twice we met half way in Marysville (near Seattle) to go shopping together.

On the 8th, we met at a Sports Complex in Langley, ate cake (that Sonja made-marshmallow fondant-Mmmmm), opened presents and played at Captain Kids down stairs. It was a wonderful birthday party. It was neat to finally meet all of Sonja's IRL (in real life) friends that I have heard so many wonderful things about. I only wish we lived closer. I am so glad we were able to help AJ celebrate his birthday in person. Thank you for inviting us AJ!!!!