Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Joy Of Kicking Mole Hills

I love afternoons/evenings like today.
And, I really love the time change.

Loren works every Friday and Saturday night. When it gets dark early (5pm) it leaves us with not much to explore or do after dinner. Thankfully, on the 8th of March we had a time changed. Grace is amazing and somehow kept her same routine with no adjustments from mommy or daddy needed-her body just knows what it needs.

Well, today was our first evening being home after dinner with out daddy since the time change. We had a great afternoon together. After her nap, we had some reading time and mommy even got to take a 10 minute nap while Grace sat and read independently. Then we headed out to Winco for some groceries. She did great and even helped me pick out some stuff. When we got back Grace and I decided to watch a movie we'd never watched before. It's a movie my mom sent us awhile back called: "The Many Adventures of Winie the Pooh." Grace laughed so much. We were naughty and ate dinner on the couch and boy was that dinner a mixed array of foods (that's what happen when daddy is not home at night). She had grapes and starwberries, then Princess Spaghetti O's and then we ate some veggie chips (Flat Earths: Baked Veggie Chrisps-our favorite chip) and then some sprinkles.

After the movie was over with we took Bailey, our dog, on a beautiful walk around the neighborhood. Oh, thank you sun for being out! We always stop at the neighborhood picnic spot (I don't think anyone else uses it but us)- Bailey ran around and god some good exercise, Grace kicked mole hills, spraying dirt everywhere. At one point she kicked so hard that she flew off the ground and lading her tooshy right on a mole hill :) Made me smile. I am so thankful that I've gotten to the point where I don't care if she gets dirty-it's what kids do and should be allowed to do. That's how they learn. Grace and I took turns chasing each other through the muddy picnic area, giggling the entire way. What a joy. And a refreshing moment together as mother and daughter! Then we walked back home and Grace took a lovely, much needed bath.

These are my kind of days; relaxing, sun, giggles and some fresh air.

No comments: