Friday, December 11, 2009

Chase


Help, Help, Help--I'm being chased by a Gracie Monkey.

Gracie's favorite thing to do, besides asking for and eating treats, is playing CHASE.
She'll choose it over anything else, which is great-good exercise, awesome use of imagination however, I'm not as young as I use to be and boy oh boy do I tire easily. She's not a fan of my frequent breaks but puts up with them knowing that if I don't get a break I won't be able to keep playing.

Tonight she decided to have us both run together.
We were being chased by a Monster. Oh NO! At times the monster would stop to eat a bowl of cereal or a bowl of nuts to give us time to run to the next hiding place. We don't have a big house or a lot of hiding places so many hiding spots were revisited over and over again.

I really should be extremely thankful as this is pretty much the only form of exercise I get. Lazy mommy alert.
Grace is my personal trainer and is making sure mommy stays healthy. Thank you Gracie.

Earlier in the day.....

Loren and Grace hung out while I went to work today. They took a very special trip to the Dollar Store.
We realized we didn't let Grace pick out anything for us for Christmas and she has a real heart for giving and really enjoys watching people open gifts she's picked out and wrapped. Since we have zero money left in our Christmas budget we found some change in our change drawer and let her pick out a present for each of us. She wanted to buy us everything but Loren made her narrow it down to one item per person. What a sweet giving spirit she has. Love her. When they got home, she wrapped the presents and placed them under the tree. She of course told me exactly what she got me the moment I got home from work but made sure I knew that I could not open the gift until Christmas day. I can't wait to see her precious face when we open them Christmas morning.

TGIF-hoping you are having as wonderful of a weekend as we are!!

No comments: