
Today I turned 29.
WHAT??? Where did the time go????
I keep thinking I'm 25-the age I was when I had Grace.
I can't believe in one year I will be........THIRTY. I remember when my mom turned 30. I always thought it was "old" but now that I'm upon it I realize just how young 30 is. Life is zooming by and I want to make sure I am living every breath to it's fullest. Not grumbling and complaining about silly stuff. Not being concerned with what I don't have but focusing on being thankful for what I do have. As much as there are things I'll always want there are people all around the world who have far less. I am truly blessed. Life's too short to not be joyful even in the midst of hard times.
Praise you Lord for another day to live & to love.
Today was a good day (minus fighting a cold and being dizzy).
I woke up to my husband whispering to me "happy birthday."
Grace slept in until 8:30am. Loren made me Omelette's and Cinnamon Tea.
Sadly, I did have to go to work but my boss, Stacey, brought me a bouquet of beautiful roses.
Loren and Grace came to my work and brought a yummy lunch from the Comfort Foods Cafe. Kiki, my co-worker, let us borrow her VIP card and we got a buy one get one free deal. Oh, blessings from above!!!
Then we came home and rested. I needed it.
I received a $15 gift card from my friend Anni for Target so we jumped in the car and drove to Target. I got a new pair of comfy PJs. Then Loren dropped me off at a nail place and he & Grace treated me to a Spa Pedicure. Heaven. I have not had one in many, many years. It was fantastic. Then we went to Red Robin-a birthday tradition in the Statema household. I had my Free birthday burger and free Raspberry Limeade. And, we had a gift card so my entire meal was FREE!!!!! Loren and I split a Mile High Mud Pie while Grace gobbled up my free birthday sundae. Can it get any better. The belly is definitely satisfied.
When we got home Loren played with Grace while I took a nice hot bath.
What a day. Thanks to all who wished me a happy birthday.
Papabear-thank you for the money. I got 2 movie tickets (so Loren and I can go on a date) and the rest helped me get PJ's from Target.
Dad-Thank you for the money. I can not wait to schedule my massage, exactly what I wanted.
Mom-thank you for the two shirts and the magnet.
Anni-thank you for the gift card
Jim-thank you for the birthday call
Stacey-Thank you for the flowers
Loren and Grace-Thank you for the pedicure, dinner, lunch and for taking off work today to be with me on my birthday.
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment