I love how much I am loved.
I love that I caught Grace in her bed last night night, after lights out, with a flashlight reading her big book of Children's Stories. She bawled when I came in thinking she was going to get into trouble, but instead of getting mad I climbed in bed with her and read her a story in the dark with a flashlight-something I've never done before.
I love my bible study group. It meets Tuesdays from 9am-11am. We've only met once but I can tell it's going to be a fun group. I look forward to getting to know everyone more. Which reminds me, I need to get a move on it....bible study is tomorrow and I haven't even opened up the book (Me, Myself and Lies. A Thought Closet Makeover by Jennifer Rothschild)-yikes!
I love Gracie's excitement when we walk downtown and the leaves are blowing all around her. She collects the leaves she thinks are pretty and the baby pine cones. She sees beauty in all things.
I love that when we are walking around, as soon as we come to a cross walk, Grace runs and grabs my hand knowing we have to put safety first.
I know it's kind of lame and I know I've posted stuff about it on FB before, but I love the Glee soundtracks. It helps me clean. It makes Grace and I get jiggy With It. It makes me happy!
I love my mom!
I love dipping chips in Tostitos Salsa con Queso Medium dip. Not sure if it's real cheese but it's my one vice so it's all good. I actually just about ate an entire bag of chips and the whole container of dip in the last two days. My stomach is going to be yelling at me later.
I love how goofy Grace is; how brilliant she is with her comic timing; how grown up her one liners are.
I love having no TV. Zilch. Nada. Not one channel. Yeah-a lot of people think we are crazy, but there were days before TV, right??? Before people were TV crazed and just did nothing for hours except watching mindless shows. We have nothing against TV at all, I promise. I am actually going to greatly miss a few shows (Biggest Loser mainly), but life will go on. We still have a TV and a DVD player so I know we'll have a few movie nights here and there but getting things done at night and hanging out with the man of my dreams with out the distraction of TV is lovely.
I love watching my husband ride his bike home every day. We have a really big front window that Grace and I sit at with anticipation every day awaiting his arrival.
I love how much Grace wants us to read to her and how much she enjoys just sitting and "reading" to herself. I don't remember being read to a ton (we did read before bedtime every night and I loved that) or having a passion for reading so I wanted to make sure she was surrounded by books and read to all the time from the time she was born. And, you know what? Due to that, the girl is in love. We read through out the day for no apparent reason. Sometimes we even read starting the minute she wakes up in the morning. Such a special bond. I really hope she takes this with her forever. I'd love for her to be a reader-someone who would rather pick up a book than turn on the TV.
I love that Grace has been in the bath tub for about an hour now. It's not bath night but I filled up the tub and said have at it-have fun. She jumped in and has been playing by herself for quite some time now and hasn't called for me once. Hmmm.....maybe this could be a new thing during the long drawn out winter months when there isn't much to do. Light bulb moment!
There is a whole lot more that I love. Every moment of every day brings more love and things to pick from, but I will leave some for my next post.
What do you love?





1 comment:
I love you. for some reason this post just made me too freaking weepy to think of all the things I love. <3 I love this idea though. Ir eally do. And I love you for sharing thing. And cod I hate that you're so far away. Thank goodness for the internet. You may rid yourself of tv but get rid of the internet and Ill drag your skinny butt back to Puyallup. xoxo
Post a Comment