Our last two weeks.
Sorry to do it like this and not have a special post for each and every wonderful story but it's the only way I'm going to be able to catch up.
Mowing for the 1st time.
I love our new, more "green" mower.
On September 10th, 12 days after moving to Ellensburg we invited some friends over for a BBQ. 23 people in all came and we were blessed. So thankful for new and "old" friends.
This is Gracie's new little friend.
COOKIE MADNESS
I wish I had my lens back so I could have gotten an actual shot of all she did.
I was mowing and when I came inside she had made me about 50 play doh cookies. All different shapes and designs. One even had a giant rock in the middle. Every chair and my entire table was covered. Oh to let kids be creative instead of popping them in front of the TV every time you need to get something done. Amazing.
1 Day of Home school Pre-K
Aa-Apple
Adam and Eve
It went much better than I ever thought.
I never in a million years thought I could do it or that she would "let" me do it.
We had a brief struggle at the beginning but then the rest was well, joyful.
My little Beauty
MAKING MOM SOME BANANA BREAD
Creativity at it's Best.
Another example of what happens when you let kids create.
She made me "banana bread" while I showered.
I got her a big bowl filled with real flour and a smaller bowl of sugar.
She pulled all the spices off the wrack and pretended to make me food.
She was so proud of her accomplishment.
She even found some stoneware to "bake" it in.
An easy clean up and she felt really good about herself for hours after.
SHAPE CREATIVITY
We mowed and did yard work again and instead of following the rules and putting the shapes on the pages that came with the "game" she decided to make her own unique "pattern" as Gracie called it.
CORNy FUN
We got a call yesterday and were asked if we wanted to go to a corn field and pick some corn.
Ummm...YES, please!
We jumped in the car and were off.
So glad we don't mind changing plans last minute and being spontaneous.
The giggles the bellowed out of Gracie's mouth made it all worth while.
And, it was all FREE!
I love living in Ellensburg.
We gave the crate to the crew at Starbucks.
We brought the bag home and are going to give half to our sweet neighbor and eat and freeze the rest.
Ellensburg, you are good to us.
Thank you for the warm welcome.
And, thank you The Tav & Dakota Cafe for supplying Loren and I with a scrumptious date night last night.
1 comment:
I LOVE your pics - esp. the corn ones! And I LOVE what you said about homeschooling. EVERY parent who thinks they can't do it should read that. It pains me to hear that parents think their child won't "let" them school them...but who is the parent here? Anyway, I admire you for doing this and you will never ever regret it!
Post a Comment