Tues, Sept. 23rd. the Paci-Fairy came to our house.
We've been prepping Grace about it for a few weeks now and the day finally arrived.
I was actually very emotional about it. It is our last 'baby' type thing and I was very sad saying goodbye to it. It's been with us for 2.5 years and since Grace is going to be our only child it was just a bit hard. I took some pictures so we'd always remember and I thought I'd share.
Grace was a bit sad when she woke up the next day and all her paci's were gone, but she quickly changed her attitude when she saw the presents the paci-fairy left her in exchange for all her paci's-in which were given to crying babies.
The paci-fairy left her a Little Mermaid Wheel barrel and a Play dough Ice Cream Shop kit. Fun stuff. She even got presents at her sitters (thank you Jennifer and Grace-so thoughtful of you. I really appreciate your support with all of this. It's been very helpful and much needed!).
I made Grace a shirt to wear today that said "I am a Big Kid" on the front and on the back it said "No More Paci's For Me!" She was so proud to wear it and I was so proud of her.
The great news is she did really well at nap time and at bedtime!!!!
No crying. Sure, it took her a bit to fall asleep but in time it will get easier for her. Way to go Big Girl Grace!!!! You did it.
GOOD BYE PACI!!! WE'LL MISS YOU.
No comments:
Post a Comment