Sunday, September 28, 2008

Wonderful Weekend

We had such a great weekend.

Saturday we decided to go for a hike in the morning. We hiked at Clarks Creek and actually got to see salmon spawning. It was incredible. After our hike Grace played at the nearby playground and chased Lorn and I all over the open field. We could not have asked for a more wonderful morning-for us it's the simple pleasures that make us happy.
We then went to Fred Meyer and got Grace a much needed pair of sneakers. All was going well until Grace slipped and fell into a glass display case busting up her little face. Poor thing looks like she got into a bar fight. She has a nice bruise reaching from her lip to her ear. Thankfully she's ok.

Later that day Grace and I got to go to a special bridal shower.
Because she did so well I treated her to a mommy/daughter date at McDonald's. She loves playing at the playground and the mini icecream cone they give her for free.

Sunday we got to spend some treasured time with Loren's mom.
She went to church with us and then we had a lovely picnic together. The weather was perfect.

The we picked up Gracie's "new" twin bed. We found a great deal on one on Craig's list-love that site. She looks so tiny in it. She was just growing out of her crib/toddler bed. She fell in love with it right away. It did take her an extra 30 min. to fall asleep as she was playing and kissing all her many stuffed animals that accompanied her in her new bed this evening. It was really cute. I love having a video monitor. It's one of the best purchases we've ever made.

Back to work we go this week.
I get the pleasure of going on the Young Life Region Retreat all day Tuesday and Wednesday. It will be my first time leaving Grace and Loren. I know I will miss them so very much but am honored to be able to go on this trip.

1 comment:

TEAM SWITZER said...

I love weekends in the park...I can't wait until Ellyson is big enough to chase me through the park. So sorry about her fall, poor girl.