What wonderful weather we've had the last two days.
It's been raining for about the last 2+ weeks, has still been consistently cold and it's mid. May. It's just not right.
However, yesterday the high was in the 60's and sunny! Today it was in the high 70's and BEAUTIFUL.
To enjoy this day, Loren and Grace washed the scooter this morning and this afternoon Grace and I went to Bradley Lake Park from 3-5pm. She enjoyed a cotton candy Popsicle that I thought tasty incredible yucky. She ran, explored and danced. When we got home, she played outside in the sand table while I cooked dinner. Ahhhhh....what a great day! Kids should be outside all day long and we fully take advantage of days like today because here in WA they can be few and far between.
Grace, you are so different from all the other kids at the play ground.
You do not like to go on the playground equipment. You only really like to go on the swing.
You do not go down slides at all. You use to when you were younger, but out of the blue about a year ago, you just stopped. You don't really like crowds or playing with the other kids-only once in awhile and if you really know them or if they are older. You like to play by yourself and you'd prefer to explore the trees, pine cones and dirt. You love racing and boy can you run. You are my personal trainer. I love that you don't confirm and are unique. I love that you are an introvert like your mommy. You enjoy your personal space and if other kiddos don't respect that you let them know of your dislike. It's not always in the most appropriate way, but you never fail to stand up for what you believe in. Way to go kiddo! Never let anyone walk all over you, but please, please, please be respectful when doing so. I love you Grace. I promise to try my hardest to not try and change who you are as a person just because it's what others are doing or how you are "suppose" to be. Keep being true to yourself. If you are having a shy day/moment and don't want to say hi to someone, don't. Don't let people tell you "you have to say hi." Don't let anyone make you feel bad for being honest and for being you. You inspire me. You are making me want to be a better and more understanding person. I love you.
Friday, May 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment