Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Busy Last Several Days


Saturday July 17th

My amazing 4 year old took the summer reading challenge from our library and read 10 hours.  
She did this in two weeks.  That's almost one hour of reading every day.  
She was given a free pass to NW Trek for all her hard work.  You Go Girl!!!! 

Loren, for the first time in over a year, had a Saturday and Sunday off so we went, first thing Saturday.
A friend of ours gave us a BOGO coupon so we only had to pay for one of us to get in. Score.
Thank you Kate and Abby.

On the tram ride


Trying to get a good view of all the amazing animals

Bison.  
They were all laying down and then out of the blue they all stood up and started walking.
I was hoping for a charge-to make things a bit more interesting-but it didn't happen.
Grace and her buddy- a beaver 
Loren teaching my girl how to do "stank face"
She rocked it.


Happy 35th Birthday NW Trek.
Glad we could celebrate with you and glad the weather was just right, along with the company.

Part 2 Saturday July 17th or 
Technically July 18th

Malibu Camp Send Off at 1am
84 Campers
A 6 inch binder-the biggest anyone has ever seen.



Sunday, July 18th
Happy Birthday Mama Statema
Mama Statema was having a rough day.  
But we still found a way to have fun.
We had cake for breakfast, in which Grace frosted all by herself 
(for the 1st time).
Then we took a walk on our trail all the way to the green playground.  We played for awhile and then walked back.  

Mama Statema. We love you.  We know things are getting harder for you.  Please know that we adore you and that Grace really enjoys having you over.  You make her so happy and we hope in return she brightens your day just as she does ours.

Part 2 Sunday: Scooter Date

Our lovely roommate Vanessa babysat while Loren and I hoped on the scooter and went for a ride.
Orting, Enumclaw, Naple Valley, Issaquah were all the places we rode through.
It was a brilliant date.  And, we were able to talk the entire time since Loren won blue tooth headsets for the helmets last year.  I yearn for time along with my husband.  A special treat indeed it was.

1st Stop
Parmesan and Raspberry Croissant 

2nd Stop: Flaming Geyser State Park
Bubbling Geyser


3rd Stop: Caffe Ladro

4th Stop: Take Out

Thank you love for a wonderful date.  I can't wait to do it again.

Monday July 19th: VBS
1st Day!
My babies growing up.
An adorable Rain Forrest Theme

It's events like this that make me wish I didn't have to work so I could volunteer and see all the fun my girl is having. I use to volunteer with VBS when I was in high school.  I loved it and can't wait to hopefully help out again.  Maybe next year.

Part 2: Monday July 19th
Wading Pool fun w/ the Turners
1st Time
Downtown Puyallup
Yet another reason I love where I live.

And at the last minute we ran into to Sara and her two beautiful kiddos: Skyler and Kellen.
What a treat.


Wednesday: July 21st
Sprinkler and Pool Fun at the Turner's 


Some of my favorite moments in life include my girl playing with her friend Gracie T.
They are like sisters and the Turner's make us feel like family.
We love impromptu play dates like this one, where we just hope in the car, play for two hours and head home happy with joyful hearts.  

And, to end our Wednesday.......
Daddy enjoying a 2nd round of root beer float while he enjoys watching Grace having the time of her life in a simple sprinkler.  Summers are grand.  

Looking forward to another week of little things and simple pleasures.  

1 comment:

AJ and Dexter's Mom said...

Looks like you are thoroughly enjoying your summer!