Monday, July 26, 2010

Ellensburg 
Young Life Reunion 
2010



One of the best weekends we have ever had.

1st Stop
The Smith's
Hot dogs, sides, a sprinkler, baby pool, bocce ball, popsicles, fudgesicles, and re-connecting.


After 4 hours of sunshine and friends, we rested. 

2nd Stop
The Axthelms

BBQ, Ice Cream cones, Trampoline, group photo, 2 day old puppies, bon-fire, smores, laughter and more friends & amp; fun.

-Bed-

Day 2
Up and At Em nice and early.
We had some time to kill before the reunion breakfast started so we drove down town and stopped in D&M Coffee and then went across the street to ABC Donuts. 
The downtown area was so peaceful and quiet this Sunday morning. 
I love how quaint this city is.  
Pink frosting with sprinkles-perfect.


3rd Stop
Pancakes and Worship at the Noyeses

Yummy pancakes, eggs and sausage.
The beautiful home we stayed at.
Thank you Steve and Janet for letting us stay with you.
My favorite kind of worship
I love how there is so much freedom in how we worship.
No rules.  No needing to stand. No one judging you on what you are doing or not doing. We just focused on worshiping HIM, exactly where we were.

I love being able to sit, while my girl makes silly faces, singing songs of praise that she knows the choruses to,  kids running in circles, laughing and screeching and no one gets upset or tells them to be quite.  
It was a beautiful moment.  It felt so right. 
After we sang. We gave thanks for what ever came to mind. 
We prayed for each other.  We just were living as a community of believers who honestly, whole heartedly love and care for each other.  I have not felt that in such a long time. I never wanted it to end. I want this every moment of every day. Oh to see a glimpse of heaven.  


I must say, Ellensburg will always have a special place in my heart.
It was the most peaceful stress free "vacation" I've ever had.  There was no pressure to do anything, be anything or rush.  Homes were left unlocked to come and go as you please.  Everyone was so genuinely friendly.  Kids were taken care of by everyone.  It was a safe place.  A place where I didn't have to worry about Grace or watch her like a hawk every second.  A real sense of honest community.  It's one of the only places I could ever see us living other than Puyallup.  I don't see us moving anytime soon but I have learnt to never put anything past God.

In two weeks I think we will be going back to Ellensburg.
5 different families invited us to stay with them if we ever chose to come back.
Now to figure out where to stay and what we want to do.
One thing I do know, there will be lots of relaxing and lots of love from those we come in contact with. 
Looking forward to another weekend away.
Life Is Good!

No comments: