Thursday, July 15, 2010

Gracie's 1st Day of Dance Class


Dance Class Preparation Essentials:

1.  Painting nails pink
-check-

2.  Two adorable dance bags filled with teeny ballet slippers and tap shoes
-check-


3.  Making brownies to consume prior to class
-check-

4. And, the ever so important black leotard, pink tights and a bun.
Boy do they have this down 
-check-
And, we're off holding hands and all.
I got to take Grace T. with us as her mommy was in Seattle picking up their niece (but, thankfully, she made it to the dance studio just in time for class to start-hooray!)
My goodness, they look so "old" in this photo.
Our girls are growing up way too fast!

Things they said on the way there:
"It is so nice to have someone to do things with."
"This is a special day.  We need to do this every summer."
And, lots of giggles and screaming.
I just can't take it....they are so cute.
This teacher didn't mess around. 
They did big kid stuff right from the start and all the girls picked up the steps very quickly.
I love when they grand plie.  Little tushies stick out, bodies slump over, and they try so hard to stand back up.  

I have photos like this of me when I was about her age.  
Makes me a bit emotional looking back at these.  
Chaine Turns
I'm telling you this-this teacher got right to it.
I didn't think they'd be able to do it but they blew me away.
You go girly girl.
And, tap!!!!
My little wiggle worm had the hardest time not tapping when she wasn't suppose to.
And, I don't really blame her, taps makes a wicked cool sound  & is loads of fun.
Grace is the one with the sleeve less leotard.....look at those little T-Rex arms (below)
She is so focused.
And for some shuffle hop stepping across the floor.
Melt my heart.  


I have been waiting for this day since she was born.
4 years, 3 months and 11 days later it arrived.
And, I am a happy mommy.
And, Grace is a happy girl.  

And, here is a cute little video my friend Jennifer posted for us on FB (only 30 seconds long).
 

No comments: