This is how I wish life
could be all the time.
Painted toes with glitter.
Brings back childhood memories.
My girly girl helps me remember to stop and smell the roses sometimes...or should I say stop and just be girly once in awhile. Make up, nail polish and getting all gussied up are actually quite fun-once in awhile.
HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY JOCELYN!
What a great way to celebrate a birthday.
At a Children's Museum with wonderful friends.
Thank you Libby, Paul, David and Jocelyn for an adventurous time celebrating 5 years of life!
A 1st
Swimming OUTSIDE with her new floaty ALL BY HERSELF
Thank you Michelle, Liam and Lilly for inviting us over for swimming fun.
Can we come again? Please!!!!
This was pure heaven for me.
1. I love being outside
2. I love swimming
3. I love seeing my girl happy and content
4. I love spending time with friends
It reminded me of Florida and gave me a glimpse into our future and Grace being a little fish like I was.
Oh to dream.
Oh the pirate booty cheese face.
Gracie's 1st Drum Stick
(Thank you Will and Darcy)
Darcy and Will came over for a BBQ Friday night (Loren never has Friday nights off so this was a real treat) and they brought one of my favorites.....Drum Sticks, oh and mint ones at that.
Thank you friends! And, thank you for still wanting to be my friend after playing Trivial Pursuit with me and finding out I know absolutely nothing.
HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY COURTNEY
Courtney & her beautiful Mommy, Sarah
Our friends Abby and Kate
A snoozing Bryna
A happy girl running through the sprinkler
And, a bouncy, screaming girl in the bounce house
The gang!
And, a favorite special moment. Courtney and Daddy, Chad
This party was a very special memory for me.
One year ago we were at Courtney's 2nd birthday party and Grace was dealing with many fears and anxieties at the time and hid inside during a majority of the party. It was the start of a summer spent 99% in doors and in fear for my darling girl. This summer we are soaking it all in and finding an adventure in every day moments. This summer has started off with a bang! Sure, these are normal, every day things to most people, but if you just change your mind set a tad, everyday normal things can be GRAND!!!
And, a few memorable FB posts:
Loren Statema I have "Bust a Move" playing, my daughter is doing a funky dance in the living room, I go in to join with some funky moves of my own she puts up her hand, looks away saying "Daddy...please!"
I was shunned by a 4 year old!
Loren Statema It is a reasonably comfortable 77 degrees in my house right now, due in large to the horrible looking panels of reflective rubber material I have hanging in the windows, supplemented by some good ol' fashioned aluminum foil. MacGyver would be proud.



2 comments:
A special day. It's a proud moment when they let go of you to swim.
Looks like a jam-packed super fun weekend!
Post a Comment