Thursday, July 22, 2010

It really is the "simple things."

Today was so simple, yet so wonderful.
Nothing out of the ordinary.
Just life, being lived by our family and it was good.

I went to work.
Grace went to VBS
and Loren got the tires rotated on my car so we'd be set for our mini vacation/YL Ellensburg Reunion this weekend.

After the morning mundane, Grace and I went to Bradley Lake Park on our way home and stayed for about an hour.  She swung, spun, ran, climbed and her favorite part- consuming a cookies and cream ice cream from the ice cream man that knew exactly the moment to come by the park.   Thankfully it was only $1 and I happened to have a dollar on me.

My favorite moment at the park: Watching her climb up a more difficult side of the equipment all by herself and not ask for any help.  It was a proud moment for my girl.

We came home and watched Blues Clues Musical Movie together for Movie/Rest Time.
My favorite moment:  Grace asking me to sit with her and then being able to nap for a good 15 minutes.

After movie/rest time, we went upstairs for an early Bath Time.
She played so well and played long.  She was all wrinkly and cute by the end.
My favorite moment: Watching Grace make all her bath toys do a "bob" and then tell them how proud she was of them.  
***At swimming lessons she is the one kiddo who will not do a bob (go under the water) and I love that her teacher doesn't make her.  I can always tell when she's getting more comfortable with trying something that makes her uncomfortable-- when she starts having her babies do it.

Nail Polish Time
Our polish was pealing off and we have a big weekend coming so one thing that was on our To-Do list....painting our nails.  I did Gracie's first.  She is getting so well at sitting still while I blow dry her nails  with the hair dryer.  It almost puts her into a trance.
My favorite moment:  Watching and experience Grace paint my finger nails for the very first time.  And, the entire time she was saying, in the sweetest voice possible "Now we are just going to do a thin later.  I can add more later if you want."

Dinner Time was an hour late, but we had a late snack so it worked.
My girl wanted a bagel with cream cheese-the same thing she wanted for breakfast and lunch and I gladly said Yes.
My favorite dinner moment: Watching her eat gobs of baked Cheetos with a rim of orange "cheese" smeared all over her face and finger tips.

Super Hero Moment
After dinner, Grace put on her mask that she made at VBS yesterday.  She told me to get stuck. Then she soared through the air and rescued me.  My hero.  
And, that in itself was a favorite moment.


Bed Time 
We did our normal books: 2
Snuggles and such but two distinct things happened that made this bedtime extra fun(ny).
1stFavorite Moments:  Before story time, I got "stuck" under this huge dog stuffed animal she has in her closet/reading corner.  She, upon seeing it, started loving on it. She picked it up and insisted on carrying it all around the house with her while searching for her babies (mind you, it's bigger than she is)-up and down the stairs, talking so lovingly to it.  Then she threw it in her bed and ask with joy if she could sleep with it.   Sure she played and snuggled on it for an hour before actually falling asleep but I'm glad I said yes. I was cracking up the entire time she was dragging it around.  She is so funny. I wish I could bottle it up and sell it-people would be much happier if they had a bit of Grace in their life.
2nd favorite moment: When we were snuggling all of her babies "ran in the road" and skinned their knees.  I had to wash each knee, dry it off, put medicine on it and then a bandage up the boo boo  (this is what happened to her a few weeks ago-and in most things what is going on in her life gets acted out with her babies-remember the bobbing bath toys).  Oh it was such joy doing this.  I love that bedtime is like this now. I loathed bedtime for a good few months because it was always stressful but God is good and things have changed.

That was our day in a simple blog entry.
Let's bring on Friday.
Lot's of cleaning and packing to do.
I can't wait.

Are you enjoying your days-all the simple moments? 

"This is your life.  Are you who you want to be."
switchfoot

No comments: