Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Picnic Inspired By Kelle Hampton

Kelly Hampton (click on her name to view her blog) has a spectacular blog.  She recently had an article on "The Perfect Picnic," in which inspired me to be more creative when having picnics which we like to part take in as much as possible over the summer since it's not doable over the long winter months.

I still don't have a picnic basket (we use a cooler and beach bag) and I don't have a nice picnic blanket (we just use a beach blanket) but what we've got is each other and that is the best ingredient to a perfect picnic.

On the Menu:

Subs, Carr's Rosemary crackers w/ cream cheese, mini Nilla Wafers, strawberries, fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and cream soda (G gets water).


This is the park we come to when we want to go hiking.  
Our sandwiches were definitely inspired by Kelle.  
I got parchment paper and tied some ribbon around our subs.
I didn't think it would make a difference but it actually made it much more fun and exciting.
Who knew.

And, I splurged and got bottled cream soda (normally, we just do water bottles).
Hubby was very much appreciative.
My simple monkey wanted a bagel and cream cheese.
And, to make things a tad healthier (as suggested by Kelle as well), some fresh strawberries.
I have not had Nilla Waffers since I was a kid.  
Mmmm....so scrumptious. 
Grace, do you know how much I love you?
I love you to the moon and back and to the stars and to "infinity and beyond"
Loren and Grace spent some time running around and being silly together while I got to relax and read an old magazine from 2 years ago someone just gave.  So nice.
Look at her kick!  That's my girl.
Thank you Kelle Hampton for these great tips. 
And, thank you for inspiring me to "Enjoy(ing) the Small Things."

2 comments:

legend_018 said...

Just lovely! I love your post.

Dee said...

Looks like so much fun! I have a picnic basket sitting in my pantry. May have to dust if off soon . . . .