Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A few of my favorite moments:


1.  Grace dressing up like Jesse, from Toy Story, in the only gear she has:
a broom for a horse, a black hat as a cow girl hat, her hair in a pony tail with a bow on top--yeehaw!

She adores Jesse.  
She talks daily about how excited she is to meet Jesse at Disney.
Man, it makes me want to take her to Disney right now. 
She'd be in 4 year old heaven.

2.  I love how much she loves to swing and how long she's willing to wait in line for a few minutes of soaring through the air.  It is still pretty much the only thing she will play on at a playground.....
....except for the few moments she enjoys running around and playing in the field right near by.

3.  Watching Grace and Loren playing together is one of my all time favorite things to do.
And, Grace is getting really good at kicking a soccer ball.
She's got a good teacher-Loren, that is!

4.  Rest time.
Man, my girl gets tired easily now and enjoys the beauty of a good rest.
Loren and I appreciate this new found love of hers.

5.  Bike Riding
We rode our bikes to and from the playground.
And, then we rode all the way to Gracie's dance studio and back.
It was hard work-no flat FL roads here-lots of hill.
No side walks to go on.
Dogs barking us.
Glass on the road.
All kinds of craziness to make this mama scared nearly the whole time but I've learned to not let fear rule what I do and don't do and I truly am grateful that we did this. I slept so well last night and am in a great mood.  And, today my legs are yelling at me a bit-yelling at me to do this kind of thing more often.  What fun! I can't imagine not having an adventurous family to do these kinds of things with.  Life would be so boring and predictable otherwise. No thanks!  

6.  Snuggling on a couch me my girl to have quiet movie time.
No naps for my girl over the past month.  I think they are phasing out but we still rest every day and on occasion lay down for 1 hour so that mommy can sleep.

7.  Coming home to a house covered on every surface with toys.
It lets me know that while I was at work Loren and Grace played and played and played.

8. Sunshine!
We haven't had a drop of rain in weeks.
This has been one of the most fulfilling summers I've ever had.
And, I love that summers are in the 70's and 80's--not too hot, not too cold, just right and mornings are in the 50's and 60's.  So refreshing.  

I hope you have a great Wednesday.  

Tomorrow is the BIG day.
Loren's interview.
Can't wait to see what happens.  

Phil 4:4 

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. 6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

1 comment:

Dee said...

She does look like Jessie - so cute!