Speaking of business
Just a little random thought
What if I became a birthday party photographer?
Just a thought. Nothing fancy as I clearly am not a professional one bit, but know that I personally would love it if someone worried for me about all the picture taking so I didn't have to while hosting parties.
Thoughts? Ideas?
And now for some of my favorite things.
It's been awhile
1. When Grace wakes up super happy and super snugly. We'll just lay in her bed for awhile talking, hugging, giving kisses and playing with her babies that she sleeps with. She has always been a happy kiddo when waking up, even as a baby. Her smile is infectious.
2. Grace is now officially using big kid tooth paste. All it took was some Toy Story tooth paste and she was won over. She's so cute spitting and swooshing. She is very proud of herself. No more fluoride tablets for us.
3. Grace has a new favorite CD. We got it from the library. It's Strawberry Shortcake-Rockaberry Jam. We've only had it for a few days and she has all the songs memorized and boy do we rock out to the songs when no one else is around. Her favorite song is Giddyap.
4. Grace has a massive fascination with coloring. She will coloring and trace for hours through out the day. It's quite impressive and she's gotten really good at coloring. I'm the mom that tells my kid that you don't need to stay in the lines, be creative, do what ever you want and this girl on her own, without pressure, colors nearly perfectly in the lines. She's very strategic.
5. Her creativity level is soaring. Her mind just goes non-stop. And, she's been ultra independent lately. Playing alone a ton.
6. I love that Grace isn't as scared of certain shows/movies now. Not that we would want to or that she would want to watch anything scary, but the shows that have minor scary scenes don't seem to bother her as much anymore. Hooray! And, the times where things really bother her aren't during the scenes most kids get upset with. She sobs when someone is in trouble or someones mean to someone else. Her heart is so big-and she feels bad for the characters vs. crying about dinos chasing other dinos, etc. although she does shake during those scenes. She sticks her arms and legs out (same as she did when she was a baby and was excited) and they flair and shake. So cute. Her new favorite things to watch: Land Before Time shows (the newer stuff), Strawberry Shortcake & Toy Story 1 and 2.
7. I adore how much she loves us. I hear "I love you" at least 10-20 times a day if not more.
8. Grace is *that* kid in dance class. The one that goofs around, talks a ton, asks a bunch of questions but also works really hard, wants to be first, picks up things very fast and asks on the last day "so, who is your favorite." Oh my. Slightly embarrassing but really funny at the same time. All the mom's laughed and turned and looked at me.
9. And, final favorite moment for today (I could go on but I really, really must get packing)....When Grace asks Loren and I to hug and kiss. I am glad we are parents who love on each other verbally and physically in front of her. It is so healthy for kids to know that their parents love each other. It's actually one of the best things you can do for your child. I only pray that Grace respects herself enough to choose a man like her daddy when she's older. She deserves the best.
Off to finish cleaning up down stairs (I feel like I am living in a war zone--huge piles of stuff for the garage sale, empty boxes, photos in the living room waiting to be bubble wrapped, and just mess-it's driving me batty) and then I need to head up stairs to fold 6 loads of laundry. Yawn. So tired but I've got to get a move on it or we'll never be ready to load the truck in 11 days.
1 comment:
Mel - I love the idea of being a bday party photographer! We had one of my husband's colleagues take most of the pics at Lauren's party this year and while maybe I didn't get all of the shots I would have liked, he was at least as skilled with the camera as me (which isn't saying too much, lol) and I could tend to being hostess. I bet if you took a photography class to learn more of the functions people would pay for it also. Would that be an option in your new town?
Post a Comment