Before Loren even had an interview with Starbucks we had made plans to go to Ellensburg, just for fun.
This "just for fun" trip turned into a "let's find a rental"and "see if we like the town" kind of weekend.
First things first: a stop at a convenient store to use the facilities and treat time. Gracie's first time eating skittles and she loved them.
After searching up and down streets and through tons of areas we stopped at a playground.
This mama wasn't feeling so hot, so I laid in the car and resting while my girl checked out the neighborhood playground.
It had a swing so she was good to go.
And, a seesaw-a real wood one.
Good times.
She was so light, she pretty much stayed in the air the entire time.
After spending hours in the car we swung into the Noyeses for a break.
However when we got here we were locked out-always an adventure with the Statema's.
Thankfully my husband knows a thing or two about breaking and entering (mwah ha ha). While he was "breaking and entering" Grace and I explored and played by the pond.
Boy was it windy.
I hear this is normal.
That night we looked around at a few more houses and then had dinner out. We figured since we ate breakfast at home, and brought PB&J's for lunch we could splurge and check out the downtown area for a good place to eat.
We choose Ellensburg Pasta Company.
After dinner, we spent some time walking around the down town area.
It was quiet and lovely and I finally didn't feel sick and my headache was gone. Thank goodness.
On Sunday I insisted we hang out and do something fun.
I am not a fan of sitting in a car for hours and the last time we came (two weeks ago) someone told us about a "lake" you could swim in. That was where I wanted to go, so we went.
Hello Yakima River.
You are cold.
But, the "kids" sure didn't mind.
Behind us, we noticed a church congregating.
We couldn't tell at first what church it was but I liked their music.
Soon, Loren noticed that his friend was one of the musicians, Brian Wilson.
After the service got out Loren sought out Brian and we reconnected.
We told Brian about our upcoming possible plans and that we were in need of a rental (if Loren got the job). He told us he had just moved out someone from a really cute rental just the night before and he thought the rent was pretty cheep (exactly what we needed!). He gave us the address and we went to take a look. It was the only place we looked at all weekend that I felt we could actually live in. All the other places felt wrong to me.
I am so amazed at how God works.
*This was the one day all year this church meets at this lake.
*This was the one weekend Loren had off for us to come and we "happened" to go to the lake at the exact moment they were there. *Brian Wilson "happened" to be there and "happened" to know of a rental-one that was not going to be put back up on the market.
God is so good.
Of course, we know nothing just "happens."
Thank you God for showing us how much you truly love us.
Brian invited us to stay and have lunch with all of them so we did and ended up meeting some neat people who live in the area. It gave me much peace about finding new friends and kids for Gracie to play with.
This was a great day.
Shortly there after we went back, packed & cleaned and started to head home, not sure of what would lie ahead. Not sure if we would really move here or not, even though everything seemed to be perfectly lining up in place, just for us.
Well, Loren got the job!
We will be moving there on the 29th.
I'm going to be a Stay At Home Mom!
And, Loren's meeting the owner of the home tomorrow evening to finalize things on the house.
Hello new home!
Yes, you are small.
But, you are what God had in mind for us.
And, you have a massive fenced in back yard, you are on a quiet street and you are 1 mile away form Loren's Starbucks so he can ride his bike to work.
You are....well, just what we need.
Time to get packing!
4 comments:
What a truly inspirational story!
what a fantastic story, you guys really are on a magical journey together! I also think your new house looks beautiful!
Aw Mel I love your new home. And that lake!! I hope everything goes well and you are very happy there xxxx
I have been reading about your wonderful family for a while now. I actually remember you from BW. Anyway, I am just learning how to post a comment. I wanted to wish you lots of happy days being a SAHM!!!
Post a Comment