Friday, February 20, 2009

I Miss My Family

Moving to Washington was a big change for us, especially for me.
I love being near family. It's a huge part of my life. I know that God brought us here and have no doubt in my mind that we are suppose to be here and most likely will be here for the rest of our lives, but that doesn't make not being near my family any easier. It's just not the same. The hardest part is knowing that Grace does not get to spend daily, weekly, monthly time with the family who loves her so very much. If only my mom lived one mile away like she did when Grace was first born. I am so thankful for that time Mom. I just know that Grace would love to play with her Grandma Armstrong, Grandpa Guibert, Uncle Jimmy, Papabear, Aunts and Uncles and Cousins so much. She's be in heaven and so would Loren and I. It's hard not having family to share holidays with or special moments with. Praise God we have friends here. It's like we swapped family for friends, but I'd give anything to have my family near by. I miss you all so much. My heart breaks that I can't just hop on a plane once a month and come visit. I kills me, that to get to FL I have to save for years. It just seems wrong.
God never said following Him would be easy and I am surly learning that now.

Thank you, my amazingly wonderful family, for always being there for us.
For talking on the phone with me weekly/monthly. For checking out our blog and staying in touch.
For joining Facebook LOL. I love and miss you more than words or tears could describe.

I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Aw, Mel...

I hear you. My grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins were all in the same town as my parents, brother and I, then about 10 yrs ago I moved away for work reasons and we've had both boys, I've lost both of my grandparents and I've had to accept that my mom couldn't just come over at the drop of a hat. I am STILL not used to it either.

Melissa said...

Oh Tara, that's so hard.
Thank you for sharing.