
Note to Grace re: My thoughts on Halloween
I am getting so excited that Halloween is quickly approaching.
You are going to be Fancy Nancy-Princess.
And, the best thing is we have everything we need for it-necklaces, butterfly wings, a skirt, cute shoes, etc. Just fun fancy stuff. The only new thing new we got was a pink crown headband with a veil. It's adorable. I am excited to curl your hair for the first time. The only thing I need to figure out is how to make your hair red. Need to find something non-toxic and something that washes out immediately.
I love fall, I love dressing up and I love candy. And, I know you really love to dress up and really love candy so what fun will this be for you this year. I have such fond memories growing up, wearing my recital outfits and going out trick-or-treating. It always brings a smile to my face thinking about it. Those were good times.
However, some people sadly turn Halloween into an evil event but know that our Lord and Savior is bigger than all of that! I've prayed about it for years and feel perfect peace about going trick-or-treating. Previously, I created a rule for myself about Halloween and then realized that there are people who practice witchcraft all year long & there are people who do evil things every single day and I should not let them dictate what I do and do not do. God should be our only guide and He knows your heart. I'll explain more about all of this as you get older my sweet girl and you can choose to do what you feel is best for you and what God is calling you to do. And, whether you choose to participate in Halloween or not I will respect your decision.
This year we will be going to the Turners at around 4pm.
They are going to have some healthy light snacks/finger foods and then at 5pm, before it gets too dark, we will all head out for just a bit to go trick or treating. It should be nice. All the older kids will go out much later so hopefully we be able to by pass all the scary costumes that you and I are not fans of and just be silly kids.
Praise and Thanks!
Thank you for setting us free from legalism.
Thank you for protecting us from all the evil and sin out there.
Thank you for seeking our hearts in all things.
You are amazing and I turn to you always.
No comments:
Post a Comment