

I realized I forgot to put a scooter update on here.
Sorry.
So, as you know Loren had a scooter. A small scooter-Genuine Buddy 125.
It was great at getting Loren too and from work.
Well, Loren got a promotion (Praise God) and would be doing some traveling and really needed something bigger, something safer and something that could handle the longer trips and one that could go on the highway. Thus, Loren began to pray and seek God's wisdom.
We put up the Buddy up for sale and then it was stolen. Huge bummer, but God is in control and we knew that God allowed this to happen for some reason, whether we understood the reason or not. Yes, it stinks that we did not have theft insurance on the scooter (too expensive) and will be paying it off for awhile even though we no longer have it but we knew it was not worth fretting over something we could not change.
After weeks of prayer, prior to the scooter being stolen, and direction from God, Loren got a new scooter. He got a Peoples 250. He got an incredible deal on it and it happened to be perfect for the needs he had. Praise God we obeyed and got that scooter when we did or Loren would have been with out a way to get to work after the Buddy was stolen.
This new scooter has been such a blessing to us. I know that sounds silly, but we have been on some of the most incredible dates. I always said I'd never ever get on a scooter or motorcycle, but I wanted to try because I knew it would make Loren happy and now I love it and am hooked. I have learned to put all my trust in God, knowing that He will protect me. If something were to happen while we are on the scooter, I am fully aware that it was God's will so I've learned to let go and enjoy being outside, going fast, and exploring amazing locations with the man of my dreams. There is something so freeing about being on a scooter and now that Loren has a bigger one I can actually fit comfortably and really enjoy the ride. Plus it saves us hundreds on gas, which is exciting for me as I love to save.
This past weekend we had the pleasure of going to Vashon Island with a scooter group. It was a wonderful ride through some of the most beautiful scenery. A few weeks ago Loren won a communication system, so on this long trip (8:30-4pm) we were able to talk the entire time. What a great way to spend a date.
I love our life. I love the simplicity of it. I love that we have people in our lives who are willing to bless us abundantly by watching Grace so we can have these times alone together. I love how God uses a scooter and theft to bring us joy and peace.
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" Philippians 4:4
No comments:
Post a Comment