Monday, September 7, 2009

Our Day Date: September 6th 2009






I surprised Loren with a Sunday away together. I planned it so we could go to Chinook Pass on his scooter, picnic and hike all day. It was going to be fabulous. Well, as the week got closer the weather reports kept getting worse. 90% chance of rain all day long. NOOOOOOOO. My plans were ruined.

Due to the weather report being correct, our plans sadly had to change. I am not a fan of change especially when it's something I really, really wanted to do. Oh well, we were determined to have a wonderful time no matter what!!! That morning Loren found a few places we were going to try out that neither one of us had been to before. We drove to Lincoln Park. It was perfect. A rocky beach and trail along the water front. We walked for quite some time, came back and just talked, held hands and soaked up the beautiful sounds of the ocean. We were getting hungry so we decided to follow the coast to Alki Beach. I felt like we were in a little beach down in Maine or someplace like that. The house's were super cute and there was a row of wonderful beachy types of places to eat that we could not wait to try out. We pulled over and found a wonderful place to eat called "Alki Cafe." Yum Yum. Our seat was right near a huge window over looking the water (well, the water was across the street, but the view could not have been better). We walked around afterwords and just relaxed together. It started to rain again so we hopped in teh car and headed out.

Our final stop was at the S. Center Mall. A "Fancy" mall that's huge and one that we never go to. We walked around, I got some unmentionables ;) that I was in need of and we came home just in time for dinner. I had put together a crock pot meal so that our sitter, Ms. Margaret, could join us when we got home and so that we didn't have to worry about cooking when we got home.

When we got home Grace had a french braid in her hair, her nails were done, she made some jewelry and was quite giddy. Margaret is a wonderful sitter. We all had dinner together, shared stories of our summer fun (Margaret was away visiting her Grandchildren for a few months), had dessert and had a grand time visiting together. THANK YOU Margaret for being such a great friend to us. We love being apart of your family and thank you for allowing us to have a date day. It was so very much needed. What a blessing!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Sounded like a great day! Glad you have Margaret so you could do it!!