Monday, November 23, 2009

Praying for Joy


Last night before bed, Loren and I prayed that Grace would wake up and be a happy, joyful monkey. We woke up, then she woke up and guess what-She was happy and joyful. Thank you God for answering"yes" to our prayer last night.

90% of the day was absolutely fantastic. The other 10% were a tad frustrating, but she's 3 and whelp, that's normal. It was however, wonderful to have an obedient, silly, happy child a majority of the day. Three has been a somewhat "rough" year-off and on. So many changes going on in her little body, so many thought processes, so much-well, everything. It must be hard being three.

Loren and I have vowed this week to try our absolute hardest to not raise our voices-no matter what- to see if that helps with her attitude & obedience. Kids imitate what they see. Actions are way more powerful than words, so we want to be good examples for her. I am praying for patience and understanding as I have a much harder time being patient and not "freaking out" on her-poor thing :( Thank God for change! I strive to be more like Loren. He's incredible to watch with her.

Monday, November 23rd: Our Day Today.
Melissa: Worked from 9-1pm
Loren & Grace: Ran some errands, got a new printer as our old one died (the new printer was cheaper than the ink carteriage for our last printer-crazy), played and napped.
Family Time: Grocery Shopping at Winco. Dinner at McDonalds-our treat for the week. Bubble Bath fun (I was finanlly able to get Grace special bubble bath that her skin is not sensitive to!) and bed for the monkey. Now it's time to relax. Loren and I are watching Heroes & Lie to Me while putting away groceries and doing laundry. Nighty Night!

No comments: