Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Updates


Wow, i can't believe it's already November.
Before we know it Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here.
Time is flying by and it seems to go quicker the older Grace gets.
I wonder if this is true for all parents or if it's just me??

Well, here are just some little updates about the Statema Family

1. Grace has been dry 4 nights in a row with no wake ups to go potty. We may be on our way to no Pull-Ups at night. We are so proud of her. Obviously you can't teach anyone to not go at night-it's developmental so I'm thrilled that it's starting at this age. Hopefully by age 4 we'll be good to go, but if not, that's ok too.

2. The holiday season is starting at both of our jobs. Things are going to start getting busier and busier.
This is my favorite time of year and my two favorite holidays-Thanksgiving and Christmas are quickly approaching. I love the joy they bring to people and the hope! The only thing that could make them better this year would be my family. At the same time that it's really hard to be away, God has shown us how to find pure joy in celebrating with just the three of us.

3. We picked up a "family" part-time job. We will be doing yard work at a 5 plex in Spanaway. We'll go on Sundays, after church to mow, weed, prune, etc. It's a great way for us to spend some time together AND make a little extra money on the side.

4. Our Financial Peace class is exceeding our expectations. It's changing our lives for the better. I've never felt this at peace with things and "in control" of my finances with God being at the forefront. Previous to this class our finances have controlled us. No fun. We closed up all of our credit card accounts (haven't used one 1.5 years but now we have no temptation!) We will be cutting them up in class this Wednesday. God is so good! I will write more on this later. I can't wait to share.

5. Grace is loving Awana. She wants it to be an every night event, but sadly it's only Wed. nights. She memorizes her scripture verses very quickly and since starting Awana is talking more and more about God on a daily basis and asking more questions. She loves learning about God and about life.

6. We are contemplating switching preschools. We really don't want to and don't feel lead to at this point but the cost difference would be pretty huge. However, we know that for now God wants Grace at Celebration Kids-her social skills have blossomed, she's made a ton of friends, she listens incredibly well to her teachers and is very well behaved, she learns about God and has chapel every Tuesday, she gets to play and have fun while learning and is just over all excelling. We have a parent/teacher meeting this Thursday evening. I can't wait to hear what they have to say.

7. I am no longer part of my mom's meet up group here in Puyallup. A lot of changes took place and it just wasn't the same group it use to be, plus most of the play dates are in the morning and I work in the morning so I was never able to make it to most things. So, I've decided to just plan stuff on my own. One of my jobs as a mom is to make sure Grace is about to socialize with her friends, get out and try new things, and I am happy to-on the days Loren works nights-plan play dates so we can get out and have fun together with other families. It's something I really enjoy doing for her and myself. I love opening my home to other kids and mom's who need to and want to get out for a few hours. Now that it's fall and the rainy season I have to get creative and find free, fun indoor things to do with the kids.

Well, that's all I can think of for now.

No comments: