Sunday, March 21, 2010


A few cute things I don't want to forget....

We had a lovely weekend.
Went to a birthday party at the Tacoma Children's Museum
And, then we went to Clark's Creek for hiking/exploration time and a dinner picnic.
After we were done eating, Grace got off the picnic bench and, said "Let's pretend to be Jesus."
She proceeded to crouch down really low to the ground. I followed her lead not sure where this was going to go.
Then she said that we were in the tomb and needed to rise. She then sprung up and rose from the tomb. Her spiritual knowledge and love for Jesus astounds me daily.

She is constantly telling/reminding me to not worry and that God is with her.
-Case in point.....She was eating lunch outside the other day. I left the front door open, ran in for a few seconds just to grab a drink for her. I ran in and ran out and by the time I got back out she was gone. No sign of her. My heart started to race. I started calling for her and ran down the stairs out front. She was silent and just when I was about to start freaking out, she jumped out from behind a tree and said "Here I am!!!" I gave her a big hug and told her that she scared me. She said, "Mommy you don't need to worry. God was with me." And, how oh how do you argue with that. Her heart was so sincere about it.

On a seriously (well, serious is not the correct word) different note....

Grace loves the word "POOP."
Oh, my not so dainty little girl and the things she is learning at preschool.
She also is fan of burping and farting. Giggles when others burp and fart but is quick to make sure to say "Ewwwww.....that's gross."

She is a true bargainer.
We say 2 books, she says 3 or 4.
We say 5 minutes she says 10.
She is never satisfied with the limit we've placed on things.
Always wants more-more snuggles, more story time, more play time, more TV time, more, more, more.

Grace can add so well now.
3+5 = 8
5+5=10
3+3= 6
etc.
She loves her numbers and counting.

Letters are her fascination now too.
Always putting together random letters and asking what they spell.
They usually spell nothing but her mind is working hard to figure out the spelling thing.
Her new love is word searches. She doesn't do it the traditional way. She has created her own way of finding the words she's looking for.

Over the next two weeks leading up to her 4th birthday (OH MY GOSH-SHE IS GOING TO BE 4) I am going to try to write as much as possible about her so I don't forget.

No comments: