Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Eve Dinner and A Special Church Service




Christmas Eve we had the pleasure of having Loren's Mom over for dinner.
I made grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup, a tradition I started 2 or 3 years ago.
It reminds me of my childhood and makes me feel all warm and squishy inside.
We had a lovely time with Lorens mom...singing Christmas songs, hugging and exchanging lots of kisses.

Then Loren, Grace and I headed to church for a special Christmas Service.
This was Gracie's first time in a service with us. She did great.
Loren did have to take her in the lobby to run around towards the end as she was getting ancy, and well, so was I so I don't blame her. :) Then she came in at the end for the last song, "Silent Night" where we all got to hold candles. It was beautiful and she was just mesmerized.

As much as I missed my family this Christmas I am blessed to have Loren, Grace and Charlene in my life. It ended up being a wonderful day and evening.

No comments: