Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sadness On Day 4

Loren was with Grace in the morning.
She held her pee all morning
Kept saying she had to go but just couldn't
After 6 hours she finally went
Loren noticed some odd things through out the day was afraid she has some kind of infection.

After her nap we decided to take her to the walk in clinic
She had not peed since 11:45 and kept saying she had to go while we were in the waiting room but was 1.terrified to go on the potty there (we can not find our portable folding potty seat and no stores here have them) 2. she couldn't go
We told the Dr. her symptoms

They said to find out they would need a pee pee sample (GREAT, I thought...how in the world was this going to happen-she's never gone in a public restroom and she is too small to sit on their seat). We sat her on the potty for like 30 min. She was horrified and scared. My heart was breaking.
Inside I was getting frustrated because I knew she had to go and wasn't but I was also sad and fearful that this was going to traumatize her. Finally she was about to go, bucked up and knocked the pee holder (the thing to collect her pee in) in the potty and it scared her so she sucked the pee in and just lost it. She couldn't breath. At that point we stopped. We could not, with a clear conscious, make her do this any longer.
The Dr. then said they would need to take a blood sample from her toe.
She is already terrified of going to the Dr. so i knew this was not going to be fun.
After that they listened to her heart and check her privates and Loren and I had to pin her down. It was awful. She was bucking and freaking out, screaming "Get her away from me mommy" I just wanted to cry. They said her blood came back fine, but that they had to get a pee sample or they would need to do a catheter ( NO WAY ). We brought her home and with in 10 min. she peed on the potty. She knew it was coming out and started to panic, braced herself and let it come out. I could tell it hurt a bit but afterwords she cheered and was fine. Loren is bringing the sample to the Dr. right now as they think she has the start of a bladder infection. If it is a bladder infection Loren will pick up some meds. tonight. They are also giving us a cream to put down there as well to help with the pain. We'll see what the outcome is. I am praying whatever it is that the pain will go away for her soon. She is trying to go potty so much and it is very saddening to know that she wants to but can't due to the pain.

No comments: