Sunday, July 26, 2009

Ending a Perfect Day




After our hike and picnic we were all exhausted.
Everyone napped. Praise God.
Dad actually napped for 2 hours and he never naps.
Boy oh boy did he need it.

After our naps I made us all smoothies.
This was actually dad's 1st smoothie-EVER.....I'm very glad he liked it. Hooray.

Then we introduced Dad to Fred Meyer, where he found hiking boots on clearance for $20. Sweet deal.
And, we found Grace new Princess PJ's (on clearance, too). She only has one set of summer PJ's and another pair was greatly needed. Needless to say she loved them and proceed to twirl and parade about after her bath saying "Here comes the princess."

When we got back from Fred Meyer we cooked out and ate a yummy dinner (thank you hunny for grilling).
Then we played a hard core game of Candy Land. Another first for my dad. So glad we can introduce him to the ever so important things in life. he, he.

After Grace went to bed we watched "I Am Legend." Good Movie!
Thank you Dad.
**Dad bought us 3 new moves: I am Legend, Kung Fu Panda and The Knowing.
We really appreciate it.

2 comments:

Chad & Trisha said...

Sounds like you guys had an awesome day!!! Jayda LOVES Kungfu Panda!

Rose said...

Great pictures! Your Dad looks good. Glad to see your first day went well and boy did you plan a full day. Even thou Grace was only 18 months since the last time she had seen Grandpa - she knows who he is and always will. He is a special person in her life. Enjoy the rest of your week and looking forward to more picture. What time is your appointment on Thursday? We won't be leaving here until 3:00/3:30pm, so I like to hear your update on the doctors appointment. Love you all!