Friday, July 31, 2009

North West Trek






On Day 4 we started off by bringing my dad to my office at Young Life.
He got to meet Stacey and Kent, which I was very thankful for especially since they had both just gotten back from Malibu Camp.

At 10am I surprised my dad with a massage as a "late" Father's Day gift and I think he liked it a whole lot.
Who doesn't need a good massage?

After that we came home, Dad and Grace watched Tinker Bell together while I made lunch. We ate, rested and then headed out to NW Trek http://www.nwtrek.org/
A good friend of mine, Trisha, got us all in for free. What a massive blessing.

Our favorite part was the Tram Ride
http://www.nwtrek.org/page.php?id=332
55 minutes of fun as you ride through the 435 acres of forest, meadow and wetland.
We saw Bison, Elk, Moose and many other animals. It was one of the neatest things we'd ever seen before and they came right up to the tram. After the tram ride, we walked around the park-found some bears, birds and other fun animals. Thankfully, the temperature had dropped some while we were on the tram ride and it sounded as if a storm was quickly approaching. The wind picked up and while we were walking around it was "raining" baby pine cones. We were being pelting like mad. It was hilarious.

Poor Loren was suppose to join us but got held up at work all day so Grace and I will have to bring him back so he can experience all the fun too.

That night we all ate dinner, Grace went to bed and we subjected dad to So You Think You Can Dance (he, he...thanks for being such a good sport dad). It was the end of an incredible week. We all headed to bed and were up before the sun rose to get my dad off to the air port. His plane left at 6:50am so they had to leave our house by 4:45am to get to the air port in time.

I miss you already dad!!!
I am so glad you came to visit and I am thrilled that you had a good time.
And, who knows, maybe down the road you'll even move on up this way. The north west is calling your name!

I LOVE YOU DAD!

1 comment: