Loren, Grace and I organized a neighborhood garage sale through the Home Owners Association. The garage sale was held on June 27 and all the money we raised we sent to our friends Sonja, Richard, Dexter and AJ. They actually had no idea we were doing this and I don't think the check has made it to them yet (they live in Abbotsford, BC) so it's still a surprise. Richard was diagnosed with Leukemia a few weeks ago and has been in the hospital the past few weeks. We prayed about what to do with the money we made from the garage sale and their names just kept being placed on our hearts. We only wish there was more we could do to help. They are the sweetest family and we are thankful to know them!
Monday, July 6, 2009
Garage Sale for the Clarks
Loren, Grace and I organized a neighborhood garage sale through the Home Owners Association. The garage sale was held on June 27 and all the money we raised we sent to our friends Sonja, Richard, Dexter and AJ. They actually had no idea we were doing this and I don't think the check has made it to them yet (they live in Abbotsford, BC) so it's still a surprise. Richard was diagnosed with Leukemia a few weeks ago and has been in the hospital the past few weeks. We prayed about what to do with the money we made from the garage sale and their names just kept being placed on our hearts. We only wish there was more we could do to help. They are the sweetest family and we are thankful to know them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You guys are so sweet! I'm sure Sonja and Richard will be so very thankful.
Thank you, Mel. We received your envelope. It was a touching surprise.
Sonja. You are very welcome. Glad it worked out and I hope it can go to good use.
Post a Comment