Friday, October 15, 2010

Curtis Stone and YUM!





Love cup cakes like I do but don't want to eat a gazillion calories eating them?


Here is Curtis Stone's Low Calorie Vanilla Cup Cake recipe as seen on Biggest Loser


I am going to make them this week with Grace.  I can't wait!  I might never go back to normal, unhealthy cupcakes again.  SWEET!!!  


New International Version 
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;
1 Corinthians 6:19


Curtis Stone's '100' Calorie Cupcakes
Curtis Stone's '100' Calorie Cupcakes
Source: NBC.com

Low Calorie Cupcake Icing

The recipe above features the ingredients for a banana frosting and the ones on the show had a raspberry frosting (substitute 1 cup of raspberries for the banana) but you can easily substitute just about any other kind of fruit. While both icings sound delicious, I think I will try adding a touch of Splenda to sweeten them up a bit.
To add a tropical twist to your cupcakes, puree some pineapple to mix with the cream cheese and garnish with toasted coconut.