Monday, October 25, 2010

Our Harvest Time Pumpkin



Our neighbor was kind enough to give us one of their pumpkins from their garden.

We don't usually do all the "Halloween" type stuff, minus the dressing up and consuming of yummy candy but we had a pumpkin so we thought we would make it a family time fun event-adventure and carve it up.


Gracie's first time seeing the inside of a pumpkin. 


Ewwww....girly girl would not touch the insides.
She wouldn't even help me get the seeds out.


Her face in this picture tells it all.
YUCK!  She yelled with enthusiasm.


And, the scent of the pumpkin didn't help our cause.
She thought it was a "disgusting smell." 
And, would not even sit in the same room with us.
She actually took her lunch in the kitchen to eat by herself.


Loren worked hard at carving the pumpkin.
He did an awesome job.
His first time doing a real pumpkin carving.


And, our finished product.
Grace picked out the pattern.
It's suppose to be a Jester but I think it looks like a.......well, I'll leave it up to you to decide what you think it looks like.  Grace's heart was innocent when she picked out the pattern and though it was cute so we are going with that.  

I believe, as with most things, it's what's in your heart that matters over what is perceived form the outside. So, GREAT JOB Grace picking out the pumpkin.  It will forever be our 1st real pumpkin carving adventure.  


And, in case you were wondering what happened to the poor innocent innards of the pumpkin, the  seeds were consumed by the hubby and I.
This was our first time baking seeds straight from the pumpkin and surprisingly they were quite tasty.
I think I left them in the oven too long, but all was well and they disappeared rather fast.

Happy Fall
Happy pumpkin carving, dressing up for fun, eating candy time of year.


No comments: