Today is the day. The day we have been waiting for for a week now. The day we get to spend some precious hours with our family. Oh my gosh, the anticipation. I know to most it's just another "thing" to do, but we do not live in close proximity to anyone in our family so when it happens we soak it all in, wind up the excitement button and GOOOOOOO......
Having family visit is like medicine for my soul.
And, seeing my girl at her happiest and giddiest is priceless.
Mark, Ericka, Katie and Tyler drove to Ellensburg from Spokane late last night (3 hour drive).
From 10ish-12:ish they came over to our house. Ericka and I snuck out for some girl time while the kids and Mark stayed at the house. They colored, played and took a walk. Ericka and I went to the Farmers Market and then swung into the Dakota Bakery for a treat.
Thank you Ericka
Then at around 5:30pm, they came over for some grub.
Grace could barely eat she was so enamored with Katie.
She kept hugging and loving on her. I am surprised Katie was able to eat, but she was so compassionate towards Grace and never complained or told Grace to stop.
Thank you Katie.
I haven't seen Grace like this in a very long time. I can tell she can feel their love for her. We don't get to be around family very much so her entire body reacts to it when it happens. It's overwhelming for her on so many good levels. Her joy for her family seeps out from every inch of her body.
They played princess and dinosaur (I think Katie was a dino). And, then some "Poof" game with the wand. Lots of running around, growling, freezing and a Mark Statema on the floor.....Hmmmm....not sure what was happening here but I know it must have been good times.
Thank you Mark
For dessert we had root beer floats followed by a good old fashion Pillow Fight.
This was hands down my favorite part of the evening (along with the great conversation we had with Mark and Ericka the entire time).
The kids played hard and rough and exhausted themselves. It was hilarious to watch.
Thank you Tyler.
Eventually it was time to go. Grace was on the brink of "crazy" as it was past her bedtime and they had to meet up with another family.
Sigh. Good byes can be hard and monkey does not like to have people leave. But alas she is snoozing away, hubby's at a night time Starbucks training and for me, I have a glorious pile of dishes to tackle and I will do it with joy because they are a symbol of good times, good conversation, lots of laughter and love.
And, tomorrow we will "Yellow Church Cafe" it for brunch with them.
More fun to come.
2 comments:
Aww! Miss Grace always makes me smile.
Glad you enjoyed some time with your family!
Sounds like a wonderful visit! So glad you got to spend some precious time with family.
Post a Comment