I am reminded daily to be thankful.
Thankful for life!
Thankful for love!
Thankful for anything and everything.
We live in a society that is so bent on complaining, blaming & grumbling about anything and everything and I'm not a fan.
I'd prefer to talk about, think about and meditate on the things I am thankful for.
And, if you change your mind-set and focus on those things, you will be amazed at just how blessed your life really is and you'll find you have less and less to complain about.
Here are just a few things I am thankful for today.....
That my husband has a job!
And, that he has a job at Starbucks doing something he loves (managing) and is incredibly good at.
I am thankful that I live so close to the CWU (Central Washington University) campus.
I am thankful that it is a huge campus with big gorgeous trees to run around and play in during the fall.
I am thankful for fall leaves.
I honestly loose my breath looking at some of the spectacular colors.
I am thankful that I can be 29 and still find it in me to be child-like.
Key: NEVER take yourself too seriously.
Make a fool of yourself. Otherwise life is WAY too boring.
I am thankful for the Japanese Garden at CWU and how it taught my child to be silent and appreciate the beauty around her.
I am thankful that at CWU that have movie nights on Mondays.
I am thankful that have a really huge movie theatre.
And, I am thankful that they played "Despicable Me" and only charged $3 a ticket vs. the usual $10 at normal movie theatres.
I am thankful that Grace loved it and that it didn't scare her one bit.
I am thankful for Story Time and Mrs. Josephine at the Ellensburg Public Library.
Wednesdays at 10:15am are one of my most favorite moments during the week.
I am thankful for Ryan.
I am thankful that him and Grace get along so well.
I am thankful that my girl likes to show off for Ryan.
"Look what I can do."
It makes me laugh.
I am thankful that my girl does not like being chased by boys but likes to chase.
Mind you, she is chasing him while pretending to be a dinosaur.
He is literally running for his life.
I don't think she'll have a problem saying "NO" when she gets older ;)
I am thankful for this man!
I love being married and I love being married to him.
We are stinking goof balls who make fools of ourselves on a regular basis.
Again,-Don't take yourself too seriously.
We will never grow up-sorry.
We have too much fun being goofy together to stop now.
And, by golly, I am thankful for Jessie....I mean Grace.
I am thankful that she appreciates Jessie and all her strong qualities.
I am thankful she wanted to be her for Halloween.
I am thankful that she gets to wear this costume more than once and just hoping it doesn't fall apart before the 31st.
I am thankful for my Ellensburg friends.
I honestly couldn't imagine a better place to raise Grace.
I am thankful for dressing up, cupcakes, crafts and fun.
I am thankful for their relationship.
Never ever ever was there a more amazing dad in the entire world.
I only hope that one day Grace realizes how special her life was because of him.
A Challenge....
Every day until Thanksgiving I am posting via Facebook what I am thankful for.
I challenge you to do the same.
I bet you'll surprise yourself.
Dig deep. Don't post meaningless things. Post thanks! You have much to be thankful for. Share it. Embrace it. And, encourage others to do that same.
WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR???
I can't wait to read all about it.
Here is what I was thankful for this past week.....

1 comment:
Beautiful post, Mel! I'm thankful today for your post and all the reminders in it!! xoxo
Post a Comment