Ellensburg has been good to us these last few weeks.
It's felt like summer.
And, I am not going to complain one bit.
It's been GLORIOUS.
We have a cold rough winter ahead-something I've never experienced so I'll soak in every last drop of sun I can, while I can.
One hot day Grace thought it would be a good idea to rub sand all over herself.
Hey, even if it didn't work, she had loads of fun.
I love that we get weekends together now.
We pretty much have never had a Saturday and Sunday off together since Grace was born.
It's been a joy these last two weeks getting to spend to full days as a family together.
This past Saturday we went to the Wild Horse Wind Farm.
It was free and fabulous.
Wild Horse Wind and Solar Facility
A renewable source of energy and economic growth
The Wild Horse Wind and Solar Facility, located in Central Washington, is Puget Sound Energy's second wind-powered electric generation facility. It is also the utility's largest wind farm with 149 turbines. Wholly owned by PSE, Wild Horse has the capacity to generate up to 273 megawatts (MW) of electricity. Construction began in October 2005, and was completed in December 2006, with a 22-turbine, 44 MW expansion completed in 2009. According to the American Wind Energy Association, one megawatt of wind power capacity is equal to the electricity needs of 225 to 300 average U.S. homes.
Then Grace was in charge of our next plan.
We gave her the option of going home or going on another adventure and she choose....
Columbia River Gorge
The Columbia River Gorge is a massive river canyon that cuts through the Cascades along the Columbia River. Above the canyon sprawls the Columbia River plateau, created over time by a series of basalt flows. Known as Lewis and Clark's gateway to the Pacific, the 80-mile long abyss features stunning waterfalls, volcanoes, lavish vineyards and over 40 million years of history.Etched by water, weather, and time, the unique flora and fauna and dramatic rock cliffs of the "Gorge" have created an inland water paradise Recreational activities are plentiful and include some of the best camping, driving, windsurfing and rock climbing in the United States.
We plan to make a day trip of this next.
It was getting close to dinner time so we didn't get to stay very long.
Next time we'll pack a picnic and stay for a few hours.
When we got home it was family movie time.
Grace picked out "The Land Before Time."
I had watched it with her two days prior so I decided to cook dinner while they started the movie.
When I peeked in on them, this is what I found.
A tired daddy and a snugly girl- at 4:30 in the afternoon.
And, some random photos of our life....
Grace adores crafts.
I need to hide them better because she will just go for it.
Today she found the people stickers and made about 30 people.
Girlfriend is super independent these days.
How she lined up her favorites on the fridge.
Having fun with the letter "B"
Sorting through her stuffed animals to decide what were "B"abies and what weren't.
This was a lot of fun and afterwards she ended up playing independently with them for a good 45 minutes.
Our view of the front yard.
Grace has her own calendar now.
I let her draw what ever she wanted on it to represent October.
This what she chose.
Not bad for her first time drawing a Jack-o-lantern.
You know you have a preschooler when lunch looks like this....
Something I'm not too fond of.....
.....hand washing dishes ever few hours every single day.
And, now I must leave to to attend to my sink and dishes, sigh.
I feel like a lot of precious time is wasted watching dishes but then I remind myself that I have dishes to wash and food to put on those dishes and for that I am thankful!
And with that, good bye for now!
Enjoy your life.
Every days is precious.
3 comments:
What a beautiful place you live in! And that pumpkin drawing is awesome -way to go Gracie!
Oh I love it love it. Grace has so much creativity in her body it's amazing! I love you guys and miss you! Though what an amazing load of adventures you guys get while over there! How very very cool!
btw you have access to my blog, right? it's all locked up now and I can't remember who I got email addresses from. email me if you didn't. <3
Post a Comment