Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pumpkin Patch, Ellensburg Style


Saturday, October 9th we hit up Dusty's Nursery for

It's held the 2nd Saturday in October every year.

-Pony Rides, Face Painting, Balloon Man, Petting Zoo, Games & Prizes, and Corn Maze! Food available through 4-H Concessions. $2/child + food donation for KC Food Bank. 
Adults & kids under 1yr FREE.-

A Pumpkin Patch = one of the Top 5 reasons why I LOVE FALL!

Can you guess what the other 4 are????






So excited to go into her first ever Corn Maze


Words can not express how much I love these two.  
My heart hurts some times from bursting open with love.

The funniest photos goes to.......Grace & Loren exiting the corn maze.
Grace is clearly unhappy that we are at the "exit" and back at the pumpkin patch.  She thought when you exit you got dropped off somewhere "special."  
Sorry to disappoint you kiddo.  I guess it's my fault.  I let her mind be as creative as she wants it to be-I'm pretty sure she also thinks there are chocolate coins at the end of a rainbow that I know she'll  want to search for one day.....and, I'm totally going to along with it!

Her new buddy Ryan. 
They ran through the corn maze so fast it was hard to keep up.
They laughed hysterically the entire time.

I adore the hills in the background.
Can you see them?
They surround us on all four sides.
FABULOUS



Oh my-the joy she gained from holding a bunny was astounding.



For $2 and a canned good item, I think we scored big time.

What are you doing to celebrate fall? 

Are you going to a pumpkin patch?

Oh and crazy news.
A new friend of mine here in Eburg wants me to take photos of her kids this fall-when the leaves fully change. Holy Cow-I am super honored, humbled and a tad nervous.
I have never done this for any one other than myself before.  

Who knows, maybe this is the start of me fulfilling my dream of becoming a photographer.  Since I was little I always loved the idea, I just never thought it would be possible so I never really told anyone and I never explored it.

Although if I want to be serious about it I have a A LOT of work ahead of me.
For starters I should probably read the manual on my camera so I know how to use it besides just clicking and shooting.  Hmmmmm.....  Need to get my study on.

And, on that note,  make sure you are fulfilling your passions in life.
You only get one....life, that is.  
Don't waste a single breathe on laziness, junk, material things, bitterness, regret, dwelling on the past, etc. etc. 
Live for today. 

No comments: