Monday, May 24, 2010

A beautiful day in the neighborhood





Today-the sun shown. The rest of the week will = rain. We make a point here in WA to take advantage of every sunny day we get.

Today, May 24th, Grace had fun! She was dropped off at her best friends at 11:45 and didn't head home with her mommy until almost 5pm. At 1pm I joined her at Jennifer and Gracie's to eat lunch (thanks Jen), have some outdoor playtime and put together a secret Father's Day craft (pictures are hidden for now so daddy does not know what we are working on....shhhh). The girls had a great time being creative and silly and loving.

When we got home we ate dinner and headed right back outside. We took Bailey for a little walk around the neighborhood and partook in some nice fresh air before bed.

We walked to our neighborhood picnic area, let the dog run loose and Grace ran-well, loose as well. She was fearful but brave and climbed up on top of the picnic table. Sought out flowers to pick. Unfortunately bees got their first so she ran away screaming. I love ending a day with a walk and a gulp of fresh air. Makes for a much better night. Makes me want to move to California where 99% of the year the weather is perfect-well, according to my standards of weather perfection. If only it weren't for those silly "little" earth quacks.

And, I heard from a little birdy that Grace spent the morning outside with daddy, playing the alphabet game. I love that my husband rocks! He's creative in his play with his girl and he knows the value of getting her outside to play. Way to go love!

WHAT I LOVE TODAY....

1. How Grace asks me to "get the biggest bit ever," of yogurt when it's nearing the end and she can't get any more with her spoon.

2. How Grace gets so concerned when others are sad.

3. How Grace asks a million questions a day about every thing-especially grown up questions. I am realizing daily how little I know and how much she years to know. Thank God for google so I can research all her many questions.

4. I love how Grace burps all her babies one by one. She has the best fake burp ever.

5. I love how much Grace adores the color pink. It's so Grace.

6. I love how Grace always wants to lick the spoon we use to scoop out a dollop of sour cream. She would eat the whole container if we let her.

7. I love our friends Jennifer and Grace. With having no family nearby it's a life savor having friends who truly care and love us and want to spend time with us.

No comments: