Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Sugar Baby





Today, it rained pretty much all day. I was so bummed because we planned a family trip to Sumner. I had an appointment with Sugar Babies, a wicked cute consignment shop, and we were going to make an afternoon of it, but the rain stopped our plans a bit short. Well, only after we surprised Grace by bringing her to the Dairy Freeze in Sumner. We treated her to a scoop of ice cream. Her flavor of choice: Cotton Candy. It was hot pink and blue so she couldn't resist. Loren and I shared a bowl of fries and then Loren caved and got a scoop of licorice ice cream. Scary how much it tasted just like licorice.

Oh I hope this rain says good bye to us very soon. My dreams of spending every afternoon outside, smelling flowers, exploring the woods and new cities and the like are being placed on hold and I am not a fan.

A few of my favorite moments from today:

-Watching Grace eat her very first candy necklace. I've never seen one get eaten so quickly.

-Having my family bring me lunch at work today and trying a peanut butter/nutella sandwich for the first time.

--Watching Grace pretend to be a kitty at the Dairy Freeze. Meowing and scratching and all.

-Watching Grace jump all over the living room like a monkey before dinner.

-Hearing Grace ask Loren if she could sit on his lap at dinner time so he could feed her the rest of her dinner. Not all the baby is gone, thank goodness.

--Watching Grace "swim" in the bath tub

#1 FAVORITE MOMENT FROM MAY 26th:

Snuggling in our bed after bath time with all of Gracie's lovies and having special story time, all three of us.

No comments: