Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mother's Day 2010-What It's All About






I was bummed when I found out that Loren would be working all Mother's Day weekend. I honestly just love being with him and when he's not home with us I always feel like something is greatly missing. However, God blessed me abundantly this particular weekend in May of 2010. Grace was pure joy and all our activities, free I might add (for the most part), could not have been more perfect.

Saturday Grace and I meet up with our friends at Lowes and Grace made, well more like watched me make, a mothers day wood planter. Well, you can't have a planter with out a flower so we hopped in the car and drove down town to the Puyallup Farmers Market. The weather was glorious. A good dose of vitamin D is exactly what we needed. We walked around, were blessed with some mini doughnuts friends got for us, Grace picked out a beautiful flower for me and I found some scrumptiously fresh asperagus from a local farmer. And, the best part was at the end of our time there when it was just the two of us. I sat while my girl kicked off her socks and shoes, walked barefoot in the grass and collected twigs, sticks, fallen rose petals and any and everything she through worthy of a treasure. She could have continued on for hours, but alas it was an hour and a half past lunch time and I was starting to shake and had to stop her short. I asked her if she wanted to do anything fun for lunch and with out any thought she blurted out "Red Robin." Normally I would say no, but hey! It's Mother's Day weekend and she gets a free kids meal so we hopped back in the car and took off. We had a nice lunch and the best part is, it only cost us $10. When we got home she put on her rain boots, pulled out the wheel barrel and started collecting things for me for Mothers Day. She is just about the most thoughtful child. She just proves over and over again that toys and tv are overrated. She has more fun with dirt and bushes than with her indoor toys. Satruday oh Saturday, you made me one happy mama.

The next day we had Loren's mom over for a special Mother's Day breakfast. Then we went to church, but Loren had to leave 30 minutes later so I skipped Married Life class-picked up my girl and we drove the beach. Dash Point State Park to be exact. It's are only our 2nd time going there and our first time this year. I brought a picnic so we threw open a large blanket, ate our food and then the fun started. We ran around, jumped over streams of melted flowing icy cold water, picked up rocks, made up silly songs, splashed in the water, laid in the sand and soaked in glorious sun, sun, sun. I was so happy. I could not have imagined a better way to spend Mother's Day. I don't need anything fancy, just a dose of sunshine, some sand & water and a happy girl and I'm set. Of course a hubby present would have made it even more delightful but God filled that void that day through and through. This week I was very much proud to be Gracie's mom and thankful to be growing up, with God's amazing wisdom and grace, such a beautiful, loving, adventurous, spirited, enthusiastic girl. And, this day brought back many great memories of my childhood and days spent at the beach. Giving her a bath at home afterwords made me giggle thinking back to my brother and I bathing with sand pouring out of our swim suites at Papabears house. Good times! And, a grand Mother's Day.

My hubby and sweet girl made me dinner the following night. They cleaned up the house for me too.

Thank you Loren and Grace for showering me with love this weekend.

I love my life-simple and sweet.

1 comment:

Lee Ann said...

What a beautiful post filled with precious moments xx