Today, it came!
A big beautiful box filled with the series "Hooked On Phonics."
It was sent to us by the Meyer's family and we are so grateful to be the recipient of these books.
I can't believe come fall, I will be teaching Grace pre-K from home and that she will, at her own, fun pace-learn how to read.
Do I really have a child old enough to know how to read? How did this happen so quickly? Getting this in the mail made me a bit emotional. For starters, I just love the Meyer's family. I really look up to them as parents. And, just that, well, I have a kid-not a baby-a kid. She will be gearing up for kindergarten in about a year. This is all happen all too quickly bring about all the "what ifs:" Have I done enough as a mommy the first 4 years? Have I laid a strong enough foundation for her so she's ready to start school?, etc. and then I remember to "just breathe." And, it feels good. Sure, we've made tons of mistakes, but we've made far more wonderfully wise choices along the journey. And, most importantly, we've had fun. Lot's of fun.
Today, after I picked up Grace from preschool we had some special mommy/daughter time. We went to our library. Got some movies, some books and some music. We went to Target. Ate lunch, laughed and made a mess. Grace got to pick out a new toothbrush (Hello Kitty), new toothpaste (My Little Pony) and new band aids (Hello Kitty). Sure, these may be mundane boring things but to us, it's a special day! We came home and skipped nap time. Well, Grace did. We put on Little Einsteins and rested (I slept-in between the many questions of my talkative 4 year old). Then came play-doh fun while I cooked and cleaned. Daddy came home and Grace lit up. Boy does she love her daddy and my oh my does he love her. We ate and then they wrestled. And, thus our day was over and bedtime came upon us.
I left her room listening to her saying "Mommy, I love you to the moon and back, and forever and ever and ever, to the stars and back, to the moon and back, in heaven and I will love you like God loves you mommy. I love you mommy."
Isn't that the best way to end a day. Knowing with out a doubt that you are truly loved.
I AM LOVED!
No comments:
Post a Comment